Recycle Maps, Book Jackets, Magazine Covers for Wall Art

Holiday decorating is the perfect time to start thinking redecorate or remodel. While you're about the task of moving furniture and cleaning, make your work multitask. Plan your post holiday decor. Here are green, recycled options for wall art: maps, book jackets and magazines.

I am a map-ophile. I should have been a cartographer, surveyor or navigator in another life. I could stare at maps all day and now I can when I rehang maps as wall art or wall covering. Save old maps and pull out maps from National Geographic, Conde Nast, Smithsonian and other travel/culture magazines. I was given several years worth of National Geographic. Besides making fabulous lesson plan material for homeschool and my classroom, I collected about two dozen maps. Hang maps from different regions and time periods. Maps are large enough to use for entire wall coverings. Paper the den, office or bathroom with maps for a bold, literate decor. Green Spring Cleaning and Decor Tips: Recycle Maps, Book Jackets, Magazine Covers for Wall Covering